COMMITTEE PURPOSE AND GOALS
Type: The Library Committee is a standing committee
Purpose: The purpose of the Library Committee is to oversee the selection and
acquisition of books for the Parish library appropriate for the spiritual
enrichment of Parish Members. The Library Committee oversees the
operation of the Library.
Goals: The Library Committee is directed to accomplish the following:
1. Select and acquire books and other media for the Parish library
that are of a nature that is compatible with the beliefs and practices
of the Orthodox Church.
2. Oversee the day-to-day operational functions of the Library
3. Maintain a catalogue of books/media held in the Library
4. Occasionally audit the Library holdings
5. Maintain the Book Corner in a condition that does not detract from
the aesthetics of the church building.
6. Prepare a budget request annually for the Parish Council
Accountability: This committee is accountable to the Parish Council for the administration
of the Library. This committee is accountable to the Rector for the
spiritual content of the Library stock.
Interaction: This committee is empowered to direct the following committees or
This committee is subject to the following committees or directors:
Approved by the Parish Council on _________________________________.